View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 AM
feliciano
N00b

feliciano is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: Kitchen released

First, thank you for sharing the kitchen and ROMs for the few of us with this phone.

After several tries, I´m using LG Fathom Cleaned ROM w Opera 10 from da_reeseboy with a non-US GSM carrier. Nice and clean ROM, but I have two major issues and a request:
1)The GPS takes a long time to get a fix. Using xtra.bin or packedEphemeris.ee doesn´t seem to help, it looks like is not working as an A-GPS unit. The thing is worst if I turn it on while driving at high speed. I'm using GPSModDriver as a workaround, but stills takes time to get a fix from cold boot. And when gets a fix, it looses it in downtown (my Morotola, with an older GPS chip works much better).
2)MMS (PowerMobia 5.5) is not working for me since I am using a non-US GSM carrier. I tried to add a separate MMS APN without success. I read my provider requires a MMS proxy: port, and I don´t see where to add it to an APN. I looked a post from pizzaboy192 talking about the need to add a separate MMSCSetting registry branch. I think is for ConnectionVia the DestID from ConnMgr added APN, but I'm not shure.

Any ideas?

And about the request: I think the original keyboard Fn worked by pressing it and then the letter. In this ROM I have to press the two keys simultaneously, and sometimes I found it awkward to do. Is it possible to set it up the other way?

Thanks

Last edited by feliciano; 04-14-2012 at 10:30 AM.