View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 06:07 AM
ImCoKeMaN
Retired Staff

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FTP now anonymous, no password needed

Yuma,
I'm glad we have the anonymous ftp and all, but isn't it possible to keep the ppcgeeks user and just have read permissions (at least for a while)? That isn't a good plan to have EVERYONE with a link in their posts to have to edit them immediately with no notice. I just updated like 10 or so of my own links after seeing lots of users complaining about not being able to download. I knew enough to go to this section and see what I needed to do to fix it, but this has very broad scope and should be communicated at least with an announcment in the banner for a while if it will break so many links.

Thanks!

EDIT: I guess if there's only one account allowed though we can't have just a read only one. Maybe mindfrost can do a DB update for the ppcgeeks:ezupload@ and replace with nothing (got the links working now, had to get out of the fancy editor mode)

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 03-14-2008 at 08:31 PM.