thecensor
PPCGeeks Regular

thecensor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
NAND is really a misnomer for 'replacing WinMo'. Basically flashing Android to the device.

Not for the feint of heart, but when you get sick of Android on your SD card, it really is great.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...b-1-2-3-a.html

For SD cards, anything class4 or less seems better for whatever reason. The higher class cards are very finnicky - not sure if it's the card or our devices, I'm leaning towards the latter.

As for speed, you'd want something with great random read/write performance. Sandisk consistently perform well at this, so I would recommend one of their cards. Some of the 'classless' (before there were SD classifications) Sandisk cards ironically have some of the best random r/w perf. The stats listed on the cards are sequential r/w, which is not really what OSes do a lot... they do a lot of little reads/writes!

Thanks for you help. Here's the latest:

I bought 2 sandisks (2gb and 4gb class 2) from reputable Amazon marketplace sellers ( Media-Mart and Straight Trading, Inc.)

Then installed FRX on the first one:

power on the phone was more than 70% charched.

Connected the phone with the card to the computer as a disk drive
I did a slow FAT32 format with the HP tool

copied the frx07.1 files (using tera copy which checks the CRC to make sure everything copied correctly) I put the correct start up on the root directory (RHOD400) and the also calibrate.ts file.

Everythig went went ok, got the flying green droids, then the Froyo desktop, but with a alert saying:
"sorry the procees com android. phone has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. Force close"

I click the 'force close' then did a shut down (which actually shut down, not rebooted), waited a minute, restarted, click 'Android' on GenY, it booted
but got stuck with the last line saying:

"2.67827] allocated dma buffer at ffc0b000, dma_addr 24 26e000"

for maybe 20 mintues then the screen went completely blank and could only be revived by reinserting the battery.

Third boot, went fine, but the when activating the camera it rebooted the phone like before.

Next I tried the second card. The first boot didn't get stuck, but I did get the 'force close' message and the camera still caused a reboot.

I tried GBX, but that was a complete failure, the screen would hardy respond.

Maybe I'll try NAND next just to see how it does albeit it's missing features that I want.

Any suggest would be appreciated.

Danny

Last edited by thecensor; 03-20-2012 at 12:30 AM.