View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 10:41 PM
EyeB
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about foreign phones in US

Hi I've been looking at foreign phones specifically this one http://chinagrabber.com/dapeng-a7-5-...bile---a7.aspx actually the site has a few that I like in the $200 price range which is what I'm after

I want it for the TV function -.- lol, does anyone know if an analog TV receiver on phone would work? Because of the whole digital TV switch a while back, I don't know.

Main thing is, with the nice winter/spring, I've been wanting to go camping more often, and out in woods I'd like to use the phone to pick up fm radio and TV (yeah... I still want my TV out in woods lol, I like to watch the local news stations for weather). And the added GPS is nice as well. Plus a 5" screen (I know, not as good screen as the galaxy note, but it isn't as expensive lol)

I won't be using this as a "phone" but more of a e-reader/radio/GPS/TV/Camera. And the price of the phone seems nice enough to get if all these works in the US.

Last edited by EyeB; 03-19-2012 at 11:00 PM.