View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 AM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: how to access 3g or H+ on an unlocked T-Mobile TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlcone View Post
Ok, so just so I'm clear on the differences between the USA T-Mobile branded mocha phone and this HTC chrome-back phone, the T-Mobile phone is GSM/HSPA capable? I know I got faster than EDGE speeds consistently out of my old phones.

If so, this is an interesting turn-around on an assumption I've made about European/Asian/almost anywhere but USA-branded phones, that phones made for use overseas are usually ahead of those made for the USA market. Except for the iphone, I believe I've seen in history most of the newer, cutting edge phones rolled out overseas first.

Thanks!
The T-Mobile branded version will definitely allow you to achieve 3G speeds on the T-Mobile network.

The European Unlocked version you have is also capable of 3G speeds but not on the T-Mobile network because of the frequencies T-Mobile uses. You might be able to get 3G speeds with that device if it was activated on AT&T here but I'm not sure.

It's not that one phone is "ahead" of another they are just equipped with different chips and operate on different frequencies. It's similar with cars that run on unleaded gas versus cars that run on diesel fuels. Both can be equally advanced but they can't operate on the same fuel.