Old 03-07-2012, 08:14 AM
burlcone
Lurker
Threadstarter

burlcone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to access 3g or H+ on an unlocked T-Mobile TP2

Ok, so just so I'm clear on the differences between the USA T-Mobile branded mocha phone and this HTC chrome-back phone, the T-Mobile phone is GSM/HSPA capable? I know I got faster than EDGE speeds consistently out of my old phones.

If so, this is an interesting turn-around on an assumption I've made about European/Asian/almost anywhere but USA-branded phones, that phones made for use overseas are usually ahead of those made for the USA market. Except for the iphone, I believe I've seen in history most of the newer, cutting edge phones rolled out overseas first.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Your device is the European Unlocked GSM Model capable of:

GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS1900
Network Frequencies
Which in the USA are 2G GSM frequencies.

For American 3G capability your device would have to be able to operate on:

HSDPA 900 / 2100
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
Network Frequencies.

To my knowledge, there is no way to add this frequency support to your device, any other version of the Rhodium, or any phone for that matter without hardware changes to the device and/or a custom made SPL and firmware/software. I don't think you will find a ready made solution available for download anywhere. This is serious stuff that would have to be custom coded by an expert and is most likely illegal. So Good Luck with that.