View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 08:10 AM
2 Bunny
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Arrow SPRINT AND ROAMING Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Well T-mobile is cheap but they're GSM and the epic won't work. Prepay carriers usually don't allow roaming for whatever reason
I actually saw that yesterday and really thought about it. I could trade in the Epic for the HD2 (possibly the most amazing phone ever sold), but the HD2 lacks the hardware keyoard, which has really grown on me, so much so that I might not want to give it up.

Not to mention their native coverage is worse than Sprint in terms of where I live and go. For now, I'm gonna have to take a deep sigh and say "no" to GSM at the moment unless my situation changes. If only the Epic got to be one of their "combo" phones with a SIMCard slot inside...

Why does Sprint get all the good harware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
It really boils down to how much you want data and roaming. Gotta pay to play these days.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
The problem is that for me, Sprint's native coverage lacks at where I live and also a lot of places I go. When I switched over to PagePlus, I realized that the general availability of Verizon was better, but there is one very thick building that I discovered it doesn't work in - one of the rare few places I've Seen a Sprint signal and no Verizon. The problem is that I'm there almost every day, so I probably need something with roaming.

Just out of curiosity, if you were to go to activate a "newer" phone, how would Sprint know that it is "newer" to tack on the $20 smartphone/WiMAX tax? If it's by ESN, could I clone the ESN of a less smart Sprint device?

- 2B

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 02-27-2012 at 08:12 AM.