View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 01:21 AM
KIOWA69
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: new to rooting and wifi hotspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourmindright View Post
ok cool, as soon as I get that letter saying that my hotspot is capped I'm rooting, by the way what is the best Rom out? I keep seeing something about cayomegen our something like that.
If your not rooted then you won't be able to use hotspot unless you have that added onto your plan, you'll have to root in order to use that for free, along with the tethering app, what you could do if you like the stock rom is to root the phone and download those apps and then be done, or you could use one of the great custom roms that are out, and like was said it's up to you on what works best for you, we all have different opinions on what's best, unfortunately you are coming in late on the evo 4g and there really is not a whole lot of updating being done to the roms, but lots of them that are out and still useful.

And to let you know you are not alone I think it was about two weeks after reading and watching youtube videos is when I took the leap and rooted my phone, so don't feel rushed and you always have this forum to ask questions, good luck!