View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:38 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Intercepted someone's phone call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

This is possible with any GSM network like T-Mobile because signals are digital but not encrypted. This is one advantage CDMA has. If you have a CDMA user talking to another CDMA user then if there was any interference you might hear noises but not anything recognizable because everything is encrypted. Of course all bets are off if you have a CDMA phone and you're connected to someone on a GSM carrier or a landline.
This was the case long ago, I had that happen on my really really old T-Mobile. Everything from getting other people's phone calls to having my phone calls being picked up by my portable radio lol

But this day in age, even GSM signals are encrypted. The US versions of GSM is a weak encryption you can break even with consumer hardware but its encrypted regardless.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)