View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:53 PM
EyeB
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PPC: the great android fragmentation debate! {VIDEO}

I feel like google's already does great at the fragmentation when it can't dictate conditions to carriers like apple does

I mean google already releases android's source code for devs to put on their phones so they can have the newest android without waiting for phone carriers. What else can google do besides compile it for us?

that said I do feel like app fragmentation is more of an issue than android itself. My garminfone (i love it but it's on eclair ) with no devs so it wont be updated. I know it can run newer apps but those insist on being android 2.2 or higher, even though I know froyo added jit, the phone should be able to run the apps without the OS change (I think, I'm not a dev and have no real clue on this). Just saying I'm happy with any version of android as long as the apps will run. If it runs bad/crashes then I'll know I can't run it. But it doesn't even let me install it to get that far.