View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 01:44 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohunter View Post
Arrrghhh, the build is great. Good job, man.
The new build seems more responsive and faster than the Jan 2 one. While using the phone, I did not find any issues with sound. Calls were fine, ringtone was fine regardless of whether you pick up or ignore the calls. I guess the only issues that I found were some known issues:
-the 3.5mm headset jack did not work.
-camcorder does not work (it just shows the Not Responding: Force Close-Wait-Cancel)
-the MMS did not work (I am a sprint user, Rhod 400). When I try to send, it just shows Sending... indefinitely. Even with Go SMS, same thing the little 'send' arrow just keeps showing indefinitely. I can't even receive. I send pics to my phone to both my google number (even tho GV does not support mms) and the sprint number. nothing.

Those are the issues that I found using the phone. I have never gotten any logs in my life . But I will try to learn how to use GetLogs. Do you need logs for any of the issues that I listed above?

Bluetooth - no clue, never use it.
Wait... I use 3.5mm on my RHOD400 every day - what do you mean it doesn't work!?!? It works great!!

Camcorder.. I thought worked, but to be honest I think I only tested photos, not videos...

MMS works, even on Sprint. detule tested it (although he doesn't use it often, he did successfully send/receive.) Did you configure your APN? Also, you should know... MMS does now work with Google Voice. They haven't integrated it into the UI (web or app) and I don't think you can send MMS - but you can receive now. They come in as a funky looking text on GV, and then you get an email with the pic. Pretty ghetto fantastic, but it works I guess. Better than the MMS disappearing into neverneverland.

I wonder what kernel you're on as well...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
I have a question about incoming call behavior.
On Froyo when a call would come in the phone would wake up and show the answer call slider bar. Now on GBX0B I will sometimes have to press the power button to wake the phone after it has started ringing, then unlock the phone, and then slide the answer call slider bar. Any one else seeing this behavior, or have I just screwed up a setting somewhere?
I've had this with FroYo for sure. Although usually I don't have to hit power to turn it on... I hate to say it, but I've seen native Android devices do this before - where it rings, you only see a lock screen... you unlock, and then see the answer screen. Happened to my gf a few times on her Optimus.

What kernel?

Edit - just saw your edit . I've always had a problem with the phone not waking up quickly enough to answer a call. Quite often I just flat-out miss calls.