Lurker
Threadstarter

locobear is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dealing with an unresponsive touch screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
HAHAHAH brings back memories of my hair-pulling days with both assurion and sprint . i didnt seem to have a problem with sprint because i had the assurion , it was assurion who pissed me off . i ended up taking the bottom of the replacement phone and swapped it with the "old" phone in order to get a working phone xP .

But in the OP's situation , the Techs at sprint CAN do that , they CHOOSE not to . they want you to buy a new phone duhhh thats a no brainer . my buddy works for verizon and the managers tell him not to do any "favors" because they want people to buy new phones . its all a money scam .

you should ask for an arrive . there are countless threads where people had problems with replacement TP2's not working and sprint gave them an arrive . that is if you want WP7 i personally like it . but im a geek so i need to be able to hack it and eff with it till my hearts content , wp7 is just perfect . lol . i would try that route , if all else fails i would just replace the top (screen) portion with the replacements bottom making the sent phone haveing a bad screen and a bad slider mechanism . if you take that route send me a PM i can easily help you with swapping them . ive done so much surgery to my phone im surprised its not Frankenstein xP
Thanks for the info. I am not patient enough to try phone surgery. Not my skill set anyway. I would end up with a shoddy phone that has no warranty because I pulled it apart. Sprint owes me a replacement phone and they are going to give me one. When I will actually get it is another story.

As far as the Sprint technicians are concerned I am sure there is some truth to the fact that they can pull my phone info, but they choose not to. I would not be nearly as mad about this if they would just stop lying about everything. They say "take the phone to a repair center they will help you". Really? I don't think so. They make it worse. Repair center says "You need to call Sprint customer care and return your phone, and we can't access the phone's info". Then Sprint call center tells me to go to the repair center. It's complete nonsense. I thought I had learned my lesson a few years ago but they got me again. I made three car trips to the service center and got nothing accomplished.

A few years ago the call center told me to go to the service center because of a faulty phone. I went to the service center, they told me "we can't help you", said I needed to call customer care. I pulled out my temporary phone and called the number they gave me. I set the phone on speaker and talked to customer care right in front of the store rep. I was put on hold for over thirty minutes, and then Sprint call center hung up on me. You could hear the Sprint call center actually take me off hold and then hang up. It all happened right in the middle of the Sprint store while customers were there. The store rep called his manager. To save face the store rep starting offering me options like a new phone for free. That was about 3 years ago. I walked out of there with a new TouchPro.

Maybe I will pay them another visit tomorrow. I should take my car mileage and a list of the expenses incurred due to their ignorance and bill them for it.