View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 10:22 PM
mastergadgets
Regular 'Geeker

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dealing with an unresponsive touch screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by locobear View Post
I am dealing with several problems that are starting to make me very angry. First thing that happened was the touch screen on my Sprint HTC TP2 died. I took it to Sprint and they mailed me a "new" TP2. I was hoping to transfer the information from the old phone to the new phone. Apparently the information can't be transferred without use of the touch screen on the broken phone. I took the phone to a Sprint service center and they worked on it for several hours then gave it back to me and said "We cannot retrieve info from the phone without the touch screen operating". so I called Sprint and the next day they sent me to a different technician. Same result...a colossal waste of time. I left my phone with the second technician for several hours and got the same results, "Sorry we cannot access the information in the phone because of the screen dying". So then I tried to access the information thru ActiveSync on my computer and got error messages. I could not figure out a way to access the contacts for a download/transfer of the information.

Meanwhile the "new" phone that was sent to replace the old phone is having problems. The phone will randomly power off when I use the keyboard slide. Sometimes when I open the keyboard, and other times when I shut the keyboard the phone powers off. Very aggravating.

Does anyone have any advice for these problems other than chunking these phones in the garbage and going to look for a new phone service?

Aaaarrrrrggghhh!
1. You can manipulate your PPC with My Mobiler
http://mymobiler.com/wp-content/plug...nload.php?id=2
Then you can possibley backup and transfer your contacts/files to your new phone.

2. Sounds like your replacement phone is also bad. Take it back to Sprint.
This post has been thanked 1 times.