View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 03:14 PM
elesbb
Super genious in training
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: URGENT PLEASE -Phone comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
the logo screen one would be what I'd take and just reflash it. As for charger u can use the same one from ur current tp2 no problem,battery might be a bit different but it may work. Cannot use sprint TP2 on Tmo 3G because it does not have the 1700mhz AWS frequency that Tmo uses for its 3G network
Well see its funny , according to other websites the T-Mobile Touch Pro 2 doesnt support the 1700 frequency . It supports the same as the Sprint TP2 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
....and why exactly would you buy a phone that's listed as non functioning? Doesn't that mean "broken"?
because i can fix anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Not always, not functioning may mean different things to different people. @eric12341 and @elesbb were talking about the TP2 that was "freezing" at the logo screen. Could be a simple as someone who isn't as tech savvy as the great peoples here. The phone/screen is still functioning so they were discussing putting the phone in bootloader mode and flashing a new working ROM, presumably http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...m-29022-a.html . Not functioning doesn't always mean "broken"
exactly i dont mind a little physical labor to save a peny or two. And yes i will flash my userROM , however i have already made a GSM version cause as eric stated flashing the one i have now would prove really stupid on my part :P but you had the right idea ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@JimP
useless post.

well if he were to flash that rom it would be double bricked as he will be purchasing a GSM model. All he has to do is reflash the stock ROM and it'll be good assuming the bootloader isn't dead which would then need Jtag.
what is Jtag ?