View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 04:21 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecensor View Post
I did read your post and the FAQ, that's how I knew to install Android explorer, I'm interested in USB tethering, however when I plug in the USB to the phone, my computer doesn't get an IP address and can't surf the internet. Do I need a driver? I think I read that that's impossible under windows 7.

Thanks again.
Someone said they couldn't, but I went home and plugged into my Win7 lappy and it hooked up right away. They never got back to me (or the thread) so I assumed it was user-error.

It doesn't get an IP, do you see some stuff in Device Manager that has a yellow question mark? I am going to pillage my Win7 lappy soon back to factory (needs repairs...) so I can see from a fresh install what happens. I'm 99.999999% sure adb is not required to tether.