PPCGeeks Regular

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
sorry to use you as a guinea pig.
No need to apologize, that's why I'm doing this.

Quote:
Anyway the last set of logs you posted really have nothing. The last kmsg is clean and the radio looks clean. The mdp issue should lock up your phone, not reboot it. Its a kernel panic so thats why i want to squich that bug. THe reboots however we will just need to keep collecting logs and see who else suffers from this.
The mdp lockup happened before I switched to the new test kernel and has not reared it's head since, but it only happens rarely anyway. It's just really weird the way I had so many reboots almost one right after another and now it's fine with no intervention.

EDIT: Is there any way to get the "old" logs (pre-reboot) before they get over-written by the new ones from the most recent boot?

Quote:
you could always wipe "cache" and not data. The odd thing about cache is that its on a nand location we really dont know much about. i know it can be over written by the winmo boot loader. We have nothing that really writes here, but that wont stop some apps from writing on there. Also have a backup handy incase you need to rewipe. THanks good.
I'll take a look at wiping cache. I know I can do it per application with the settings, so I might try that first.

I'm not too worried about having a backup, rebuilding the phone takes less than an hour, but I agree it's handy.

Last edited by mbellot; 12-13-2011 at 03:57 PM.