View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 01:48 PM
[ACL]
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
The phone is probably "doing things" (email sync, contact sync, etc). I was not actively using it, but I can't say for sure if it was asleep or in a momentary wake doing some sync operation.

The freezes (mdp and flinger) are definitely awake and "active use" crashes. Possibly worth noting is that (IIRC) the two times it has happened it was returning to the home screen.

Not surprising, I rebooted into recovery, updated the kernel, went back into OMGB and in a minute or two "blamo", it rebooted. I pulled that last_kmsg midway through the boot, basically as soon as adb recognized the phone, hoping it would still hold info about what caused the reboot.

Further odd developments... It went through the night charging without a reboot and has run fine since the last spontaneous reboot over 10 hours ago - without wiping the data partition.

I know signal levels at my home are in the toilet, is it possible that it's the radio/RIL that is causing these weird reboots (unrelated to the mdp/flinger problem)? I am running the VZW 2.37 radio in my RHOD400, I updated to it shortly before moving to OMGB.

I'm going to keep using it "as is" (no data wipe) to see how it holds together and to see if I can generate any more logs. If it gets unusable I'll do a wipe.
sorry to use you as a guinea pig. Anyway the last set of logs you posted really have nothing. The last kmsg is clean and the radio looks clean. The mdp issue should lock up your phone, not reboot it. Its a kernel panic so thats why i want to squich that bug. THe reboots however we will just need to keep collecting logs and see who else suffers from this.

you could always wipe "cache" and not data. The odd thing about cache is that its on a nand location we really dont know much about. i know it can be over written by the winmo boot loader. We have nothing that really writes here, but that wont stop some apps from writing on there. Also have a backup handy incase you need to rewipe. THanks good.