mbellot
PPCGeeks Regular

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hrm. I would say yes, time to pillage - I would wipe everything. But perhaps there's some other interim troubleshooting step to try first that I'm not aware of... I would pull as many logs as you can, and pillage myself.

Just curious - what state is the phone in? Sleeping, running an app? You say spontaneous, so I assume there's nothing in common with them, and you're not doing anything with the phone when it happens...?
The phone is probably "doing things" (email sync, contact sync, etc). I was not actively using it, but I can't say for sure if it was asleep or in a momentary wake doing some sync operation.

The freezes (mdp and flinger) are definitely awake and "active use" crashes. Possibly worth noting is that (IIRC) the two times it has happened it was returning to the home screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
odd, after the kenrel upgrade there is no more mdp crashes but there isnt much either.

the last kmsg isnt showing much.
Not surprising, I rebooted into recovery, updated the kernel, went back into OMGB and in a minute or two "blamo", it rebooted. I pulled that last_kmsg midway through the boot, basically as soon as adb recognized the phone, hoping it would still hold info about what caused the reboot.

Further odd developments... It went through the night charging without a reboot and has run fine since the last spontaneous reboot over 10 hours ago - without wiping the data partition.

I know signal levels at my home are in the toilet, is it possible that it's the radio/RIL that is causing these weird reboots (unrelated to the mdp/flinger problem)? I am running the VZW 2.37 radio in my RHOD400, I updated to it shortly before moving to OMGB.

I'm going to keep using it "as is" (no data wipe) to see how it holds together and to see if I can generate any more logs. If it gets unusable I'll do a wipe.