View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 12:13 AM
z1adonis
Lurker

z1adonis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seidio 3500mah extended battery

I don't post much here but I thought I should for those who are wondering how these batteries can perform. I am one person that has purchased seidio extended batteries for nearly every smart/ppc phone that I have ever owned and more importantly the following HTC phones: ppc 6700, the mogul, (epic 4g not HTC) and now the shift. I am one that likes performance over such a sleek look. I hate having to think about always needing a charger nearby. With each of the phones that I mentioned, I have always gotten at least 2 1/2 days of battery life from the extended batteries. I have not had the extended battery but 5 days and it is only now that I am about to charge it for the second time. My battery is showing 6% of life left as I type. Of course I don't use my phone like everyone here but I do use it. I make 3 way calls everyday for business calls. I use a LG bluetooth earpiece for all my calls. I do text about 25 - 35 times a day. I think that I use it quite a bit. I know a lot of people here don't like the extended batteries because they add some size and weight to the phone. I understand but for those that can live with a slight amount of added weight, the battery is well worth it. For some comparison, the standard battery would give me a full day with the same usage and have about 15% left at night before placing it on the charger at midnight. I always take my phone off the charger around 7am and run it until midnight everyday. The next thing that I am going to do is root the phone using EvilDevNull's perm root kit so I can start using my tether as well add a custom ROM and delete some of the bloatware. Just thought I would share what might help others make a decision if they are considering this extended battery. On an additional note, I bought mine from mobilecityonline.com. They carry it for $49.95 which is $20 less than seidio. Their shipping was perfect and I am happy with what I received. I hope this helps someone.