View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 10:24 AM
my80chevette
Lurker

my80chevette is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What do I need??

I have the following. A Sprint PPC6800 with rom 3.35.651.2 from 2/22/08; My computer is a Dell with Window 7. I have the Windows Mobile Device Center installed and have been able to move files to and from the ppc using the usb port. I bought the 6800 to mess with and try to use it as a small media player and to play a few games to pass time at work when things are slow. I was hoping to get the wifi and gps to work without the phone being necessary. The ppc seems to have all the hardware and most of the software I need but of course I can't access all of it. I dont really care about updating the OS or UI but would be okay if it increases the usability. So far I have looked through quite a few pages on both here and the xda site without finding just what I am looking for. I have tried several different methods of getting my "phone" to do what I want but without much success. I have tried the HTC TiTAn Sprint update rom; 3.56.651.0 , but it failed and gave the " can not update this device" error. I have installed the HTCPlus add on and Home Screen plus plus. Any help as on what to install next or ideas on a better rom to install to meet my needs would be great!! I have a couple other PDA/Phones coming in so I am not afraid to experiment with this one and I am also willing to try other OSes if necessary. Thanks for the help guys!!