View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 07:04 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb
You know the sim card that comes with the TP2, do you know if the card is connected to your sprint account? Like if I so happen to want to stick it into a gsm phone, could I use my sprint plan with it?

kind of opposite of using other carrier's sim with TP2, I want to use TP2's sim card with other phone lol might let me get around switching to tmobile for HD7 since I'm still liking my sero plan

edit: and is it possible to get another sim card for the phone? I still have mine, but just incase I lose it can it be replaced by sprint?
Eric is correct. The sim that comes with a new sprint tp2 only allows you to save contacts to it and it can be activated by sprint to allow use of your tp2 on non-US GSM carriers that sprint has an agreement with so you can pay sprint to use your phone outside the US which is quite expensive. That's why many people buy pre-paid sims directly from those overseas carriers so they avoid paying the international fees from sprint.