ganjah is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why should I stay with Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post

notice a little bit of diffrence?

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App
You act like you're an authority on the subject, but you don't even know how to interpret the results you're getting. You don't realize you have to convert Kilo Bytes Per Second (designated by the uppercase KBPS) to Mega bytes per second (Designated by the lowercase Mbps). You prove this in your later quote below

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
My screenshots above show a huuuggge diff. And they were taken 2 min apart sitting at my desk. 100Kbps to 1.8Mbps is an 1800 percent diffrence.
Using a browser speedtests when there are quality apps available is like going back to the beating rocks together like a caveman.
Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App
You make an incorrect assertion, even quoting the different speedtests inaccurately (it's KBPS, not Kbps), then you draw the wrong conclusion and make a terrible analogy. KBPS is 8/1000 of Mbps. It's eight bits per byte, and 1 mega per 1000 kilos. In this case, 100KBPS is .8Mbps. 1.8Mbps is 225% greater. Not 1800% as you noted.

If you're going to want to prove your knowledge of such things, at least get the nomenclature correct. Otherwise, your holier-than-thou, know-it-all routine just comes off as you being a jerk.