View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 02:40 AM
dtrush
Regular 'Geeker

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

No you mean theres no modding or themes for wp7. Thats why there isnt alot of users on here.
Well, I guess you could put it that way.

Some people want to trick their phone out with as much eye candy and other stuff to make the phone prettier. Some need to spend unmeasurable time and effort to make it faster so that it is bearable to use and other reasons out of necessity. That's the way it needs to be with Android and WinMo. Stock roms just flat out don't cut it. Some of us don't have the time to spend doing the work that the OS manufacturer should have released onto the market in the first place to release a quality product.

Windows Phone 7 simply works for me. I use the phone a lot for real work such as making phone calls(lots of them), e-mails, calendar, contacts, texts etc. in which the phone is a vitally useful tool. Of course, I use it extensively for podcasts, music and twitter also and some reading as well which is real convenient.

Can the other OS's do all of this stuff? Yes, but the severe lag in Android caused by bad programming, underpowered phones and generally not well though out ways to get things done make the phone a lot more trouble than it's worth. iOS is really in the same realm of confusion in areas also IMHO.

Is WP7 perfect? No. Far from it. But......it's a huge step in the right direction.