View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckl3b3rry View Post
Sorry I never got back to you. I actually picked up a new TP2 for cheap. Data works fine on it. I did see on one of the TP2 threads that you have done a couple of tweaks with FRX07.1 in the TP2 to increase performance (min memory and app startup tweaks) and you mentioned you were going to write that up somewhere, did you get a chance to do that? I haven't found it yet. I have it running pretty well, but am always looking for me tweaks.
A while ago, but never made one here in the TP section. You do realize you're posting in the TP1 section, not the TP2 section right?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ng-thread.html

Quote:
Also, do you run a one of minimal windows ROM's to boot from? Does that matter for anything once android boots or just for boot up times?
Doesn't help Android whatsoever. Just helps you get into Android quicker. Titanium from Energy is good. I'm not on WinMo anymore tho.

Quote:
One thing that I did as well that seems to work well (but may be my imagination and have really helped anything) is with overclocking. I set the string in the startup and then I used the "setCPU" app to change the minimum frequency in the 480MHz and the max up to the 748MHz. Seemed to be a bit more responsive and I know from benchmarks in it that setCPU is actaully doing something. SetCPU detects the processor, etc correctly too. Again, it's possible that it's my imagination that it's helping overall.
SetCPU I don't think has userland control, but overclocking certainly will help (and is covered in that thread ).