View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 04:36 PM
phantomX
Lurker

phantomX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Elite ROM | Summer 2011 Public Release

I've had this rom for about a week now and so far I like it. I came from Energy ROM too, and I like some of the bells and whistles that Energy has, but unfortunately it just isn't that stable for me. I have lots of problems with the text messaging and I use that the most. So I held off on this ROM for a while, but I'm glad I changed over to it. Some quick thoughts:

--I'm also unable to save Contacts using Manila. I've tried saving via text message screen and also through the Contacts screen. If you hit "Add New Contact" it doesn't do anything. I will try via Windows and see what happens.

--I've also missed a couple calls because the slider didn't work exactly right. It slides, but then almost resets to the same position. But usually when it does that, I can still pick up the call, but I will try the hardware option perhaps.

--A couple features I would like to see: A weather option on the Home Screen. I love that feature and it would be cool to see it built in.

--Compact Qwerty built into the ROM. Finger keyboard seems ok, but my fingers are too big for it. Maybe if it was a bigger screen.

--Speed seems pretty good, but it did bog down for a while. I did a soft reset and it's fine now.

--In the Settings Tab, what is Gen.Y Manila? I clicked on it and it doesn't do anything.

I don't want to write too much, but so far I like this ROM. Good job 2B~! It's nice to see someone still supporting the Diamond. I could see myself using this for a while.