View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 12:54 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So I've been playing with GPS, and not only does it work, but for me it was able to sleep left enabled! Not sure why it didn't for you ACL, but I used Maps, got a GPS lock, then hit end (which I have remapped to home), and hit the power button... didn't manually disable GPS at all, and within a few seconds I got a solid green LED! I will put GPS thru the ringer, but so far it works great for me!

Edit - Just went thru a nav session on the way to work - at first I couldn't get the solid green LED, and I thought perhaps my previous experience was just a one-off. However, before messing with GPS I went into my System Panel Lite app and killed any open application. I didn't see Nav in the list, so something else must've been the culprit because it went to sleep pretty quickly after that!!

So for me, GPS does seem to *slightly* increase the time necessary for sleep, but it doesn't kill sleep. It's still enabled in settings, and I certainly used it for Nav on the way to work - and the phone is sleeping like a baby.

I need to figure out what app is killing sleep tho. Next time I'll try to be a little more pragmatic and kill one app at a time, until I figure out which one was killing sleep.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-14-2011 at 01:48 PM.