View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 08:33 PM
2 Bunny
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Post CDMA FOR THE WIN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
If CDMA was more formidable and less inferior I wouldn't be in the process of switching to Tmo due to shit data speeds for 9 months. Also Sprint CDMA phones seem to have more trouble regaining a lost 3G signal while transmitting data. (this is very annoying for me when I'm streaming a song during my commute and the train passes through a non 3G area. I have to pause or even restart whatever song I was listening to just to regain 3G.
Back on Boost (Sprint CDMA only sans roaming), if I remember my Speed test results, I think I was hitting 480-720KBs Per second, which translates into a real life download speed equivalent of 50+ regular kilobytes per second - and it was plenty workable enough for me.

The problem is the lousy signal range of GSM devices and even Sprint's less than perfect CDMA network. I'd have been good if I could do at least some roaming on Verizon. Now the only place I don't have coverage is in the center of a building where the 850Mhz don't quite penetrate like the 1.9Ghz did.

My music library is local as opposed to streamed, so I've never had the problem that you were asking about, even in areas with no signal. And if memory serves me correctly, while listening to streaming radio, during those pesky tower transitions, it actually picked up and finished buffering where I left off, which I thought was simply amazing.

- 2 Bunny