View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 06:05 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: ongoing service issues with no resolution in sight (updated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
well as a note of reference sprint advertises their 3G speeds to average between 600 and 1400kbps with bursts of up to 3200kbps. This is what i expect to be getting or at least be able to listen to a song and watch a video without buffering. When I had my TP and TP2 I was getting between 1800 and 2400 until February of this year. The CDMA 3G standard (EvDO)is slower than the GSM standard of HSPA which can output speeds of up to 21mbps like I recently got at a t-mobile store on an HD7. I don't expect insane speeds like that when I make the switch but with that at least I know I'll never get below 1000.
HSPA can do more then 21mbps, it can do 42mbps. Also CDMA can do better too with Evdo Rev B and Evdo Rev C (UMB)..there is also the new DO Advanced.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)