View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Extremely slow initial build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzel View Post
Thanks for your help. Actually I do not know what other details are needed.
I downloaded the last build from the link on XDAndroid, formatted the SD card and followed installation instructions ( twice ).
The initial build goes through the running linux trace, flying green bots, goes to blue water screen, and pops up an error message ~20 sec later :

Sorry!

The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.

[Force close]"

It looks like the build process breaks half way through. After that simple apps like calc work, but browser gets the 1st page and crashes the phone right there.

Actually I see a suspicious thing: the XDAndroid download page shows the date of Sep 04, but inside the zip file some files are dated 10/17 or something like that
You're downloading FRX07.1_Full_Bundle_20110901.zip, correct?

Just hit force close on the com.android.phone error, it can be ignored. I sometimes get those on first boot.

Have you just tried rebooting? lol.