View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 03:30 AM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Why no Epic 2 yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
this may sound like sarcasm but its not. i use 4g sometimes but maybe except for netflix i dont see the need. maybe tethering? and i read about LTE and i think the same. what are you guys doing that you want the extra speed. this is more of a question to help me see what im missing. ive dl'd fro the market and didnt really seee any difference between 3 g and 4 g when i uninstalled and dl'd it again. thanks for the feedback
Well tethering is the biggest reason I like 4g but there are other advantages to 4g techs like LTE and Wimax. For example:

1) Better efficient so they can handle more users and less likely to clog.

2) If its in a low band like Verizon LTE, you should have better latency.

3) Some apps require you to download extra content that requires wifi but accepts 4g.

4) When you download big files, like 100mb+

5) If you have good signal your sites load faster in web browser (due to allowing of more simultaneous connections)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@gTen true but they also promised me that the tower serving my city would be fixed twice by now and it isn't. all talk no delivery,and even if u aren't covered by HSPA+ U'll still get regular HSPA which is still faster than anything sprint has. and according to PCmag the NYC region has the second lowest average speed, only the Detroit MI region is lower.
Oh I am not relying on sprint for that. I think most of their LTE is gonna come from Lightsquared :/...also so you know T-mobile has AWS 3G too so its possible to have AWS and not HSPDA/HSPA+. That said I am not worried about coverage in NYC, I'm worried about coverage at my house in specific. As I said I am considering to open an extra line at t-mobile but I will have to see.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.