View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 02:58 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: WHAT IS BETTER? iPhone 4S or Droid Photon!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightsrealm View Post
Honestly, I'm not going to be using it for super complicated things. I just want to make the best decision when spending this much money. With my upgrade discounts, the price is close enough between the two (iPhone 4S is a little more expensive).
If you don't plan to make any plan changes you can also order from 3rd parties like walmart online and get the photon for 99$ if that is the route you choose.

Quote:
I have heard that the employees at Sprint may be pushing the Droid because they don't earn much commission on the iPhone 4S...anyone heard that?
Well considering sprint spent 20 billion to try to get the iphone I doubt that would be the reason as their managers would want them to push the iphone. I think it more has to do with Sprint is more used to Android phones (Droid is a trademark of verizon) and more experienced with them. But I can't tell you for sure.

Quote:
What I'm going to use the phone for.
  • Calling (duh)
  • Texting
  • Email
  • GPS
  • Applications
etc.
Considering the use thats pretty basic and both are more then capable of the above. In terms of Applications they are about the same, iphone has more quality games I hear but Android has a lot more free applications.

Quote:
To be honest I'm upgrading from a TP2 here (with no upgraded ROM or anything), so I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed by both of these phones potential.
It will be like night and day, lol. I use both my TP2 and my Epic at the same time and while my TP2 holds a place in my heart the difference is HUGE.

Quote:
Battery life is important to me, getting a good case so I don't crack my screen is important (lol) and yeah...that's all I can think of right now.
In terms of battery both should be ok, if you plan to root you may be able to do a few tricks like undervolt your cpu to get better battery life or get an extended battery. On the iphone you have less room for improving battery life but it should be ok, though I hear the battery life is worse then the previous version. To note I have not used both devices for any extended period of time and I am basing it only on what I heard.

As for case, I don't particularly think the Motorola photon needs a case as badly as say the TP2 due to it having Gorilla Glass (not saying it will hurt to have a case). The iphone is much more fragile so a case is a must.

What I can suggest is going into the store and see if you can get the photon and if you don't like it see if they are willing to exchange it within the 14 days for an iphone without charging you a restocking fee. Its easier to try to negotiate with the Photon at first then an iphone because Apple enforces much harsher policies on carriers as Apple does not like returns.(It looks bad for their reputation)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)