View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 10:24 AM
pizzaboy192
PPCGeeks Regular

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Re: Kitchen released

I'm currently trying to find a way to disable the cdma half of the phone. My GF has the Fathom as well, but she is on t-mobile and it is annoying to keep getting asked to switch to global mode when she drops signal.

Here's some help for you when you're working on MMS:
1: Avoid the "hybrid" or the "GSM+CDMA" versions of Arcsoft MMS because they're biased towards GSM. They don't work for the Fathom as well as they should.
2: To pre-configure most of the setup on the phone, you'll need to set HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\MM1\MMSCSetting\<insert MMS Connection name here>\ConnectionVia to {D3B2D798-9E69-4B65-A75B-6DDFBECE143F}
That is the GUID for the Verizon connection. That will preconfigure it.
The alternate way of setting it up would be to hunt down a pre-kitchenized one that allows for all carriers, as it would allow Verizon and other carriers in a single selection. I think it was a feature of the EnergyRom series, but I'm not sure as my TP2 has never given me the chance to flash a ROM yet.

Last edited by pizzaboy192; 10-23-2011 at 11:23 AM.