View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 01:18 AM
pizzaboy192
PPCGeeks Regular

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Re: Kitchen released

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
I was hoping for a way to turn the camera off and on through a reboot like the way the 6800 Mogul has that worked into the kernel. It recovers about 10 megs of RAM on it. Not sure what it would do for Fathom RAM wise.
I don't think it would be useful for me to have that happen on my phone. I don't own a digital camera, and am constantly enjoying the idea of taking random pictures and sending them to people. My 8GB SD card has about 4GB of pictures on it... (at 3.2 Megapixels)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us
I only use mine for a WiFi office device and would only use the phone or data if I had to report my primary line failed or MIA.
Mine is my only working Verizon device. I've got a HTC TouchPro2 in my desk... but the screen and ditizer are smashed. It boots, but it's currently useless.
Quote:
Not to brag or anything, but since I have to keep my wife (here in MT.) and her daughter (AZ.) happy, the family plan allows me to get a good deal on a new phone 5 times every 2 years. And as long as I buy from VZW, I can switch equipment without penalty. Son in law won't see an upgrade for his w755 until Jan. lol
I'm stuck on the standard 2 year contract rotation... if I want to keep my unlimited data that is...
Quote:

How about that hardware keyboard function? The stock v7 I was running required that the FN or Shift key be HELD down while the other key was pressed. And double tap was useless.
This ROM rocks...
My replacement phone shipped with V7. There was a bug with the keyboard at times where the FN key wouldn't lock. I've had it happen on V7 plenty of times, but not once on V5. I haven't had it happen yet with my replacement, but I don't plan to keep it around long enough to find out. I'm planning to flash sometime tomorrow as long as I get caught up in my homework. Classes aren't the kindest to people who are trying to develop in their spare time and who happen to be trying to learn to develop for two different platforms willingly ( WM and WebOS) and also taking a class on a third platform (X86 ASM).

I'd love to have this stripped kitchen when it's working well... I've got plenty of mods that I can help with. If you can get the Arcsoft stripped out, I can provide proper Verizon MMS settings and the right files. (Right now, my V2 MMS almost works, as V3 was fatally flawed)
This post has been thanked 1 times.