View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 11:05 PM
cac2us
Regular 'Geeker

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Kitchen released

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
Do you have something to replace the LG Camera app? I'd rather have a working camera app than no app at all.
I was hoping for a way to turn the camera off and on through a reboot like the way the 6800 Mogul has that worked into the kernel. It recovers about 10 megs of RAM on it. Not sure what it would do for Fathom RAM wise.

I only use mine for a WiFi office device and would only use the phone or data if I had to report my primary line failed or MIA.

Not to brag or anything, but since I have to keep my wife (here in MT.) and her daughter (AZ.) happy, the family plan allows me to get a good deal on a new phone 5 times every 2 years. And as long as I buy from VZW, I can switch equipment without penalty. Son in law won't see an upgrade for his w755 until Jan. lol

So the 3.2 mp camera would only come in handy if I were using my office device at the exact moment that I needed to capture that perfect shot.
Otherwise either my Cannon PowerShot (3.2mp), i910 (iGo8 device 5mp), or my data line DInc II with 8mp, are always with me.
But I guess if I had to email a jpg of a receipt or something then it would be less trouble then shifting the micro sd card around and trying to use a WiFi file browser is a little bit more of a chore.

So until we can get nueROM to create a page pool kernel, and that might only work with htc, I guess omitting the camera would have to be tested to see if it would recover any RAM or not.
Probably less trouble to just keep it in.
Thank you for uploading the striped, I will flash and check it out...

How about that hardware keyboard function? The stock v7 I was running required that the FN or Shift key be HELD down while the other key was pressed. And double tap was useless.
This ROM rocks...

Well I better get back to building bulbs... Work at home IS a mixed blessing.

Enjoy...

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!