View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 06:37 AM
GoodThings2Life
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: review on engadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Either way as I said before, the speed the OS boots in has nothing to do with how smooth the OS is. In windows phone 7 case, most of the smoothness is attributed to hardware accelerated UI.
You're right about the hardware acceleration. That makes a huge difference. I would say that boot speed DOES make a difference. When I boot up my Windows 7 laptop and my Windows Phone, once I'm at the desktop, they're ready to go... and there's no lag or delay while it continues to load things in the background.

Again, I won't comment on devices I've not used -- like the Nexus or Galaxies -- but I know on the EVO it was more like my XP systems... it would boot (slowly) and STILL have to finish loading useless processes in the background before I could really use it. If Android is better on these newer devices, that's great, but the fact remains true that Windows Phone has amazing performance, and any attempt to discredit that is just lame on your part.