View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 05:30 PM
testacon
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Not sure about anyone else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Personally I am not too impressed.... I mean if you compare the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE & HD it falls short :/..maybe I was just expecting too much...
I wouldn't say impressed per say, but it's a better phone then the Nexus S. I got the Epic over the Nexus S because of the hardware keyboard but the lack of software updates just left a bad taste in my mouth. I also couldn't justify the Nexus S on Sprint because it's the same freakin' phone that was out months earlier on TMobile, and there was no price change. Usually when a phone is closer to EOL the price lowers, Sprint charged to much for a phone that was months behind in technology.

The next pure Google phone isn't coming anytime soon I would think, hopefully at least 8 months down the line, possibly a year away so I can't see the downside, as long as the components WORK properly. Synthetic benchmarks are not everything...

Sure it only has a 5 Megapixel camera, but they say it's the width of the lens and not how long the Megapixels are!

The graphics chip is similar to the Nexus S but has a higher frequency, I'm sure someone will run the most demanding programs currently out on it during the reviews due to come.

What concerns me is the extra screen resolution, 720p might very well push the graphics chip and tear and make games craw to a few fps. And again will just wait for the reviews, someone is bound to throw an emulator or 2 at this in a review.