View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 02:51 PM
eric12341
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo Connection Speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Don't know what else there is to say on the matter. Sprint has lost tons of towers as per Gten comments in the past, network vision is going to take a while to complete, service has been poor for many in multiple locations. So the writing is on the wall as far as I can see, at least for the foreseeable future. If you are with sprint and get good coverage and speeds, it makes sense to stay though.
Frankly I don't think tmobile is the answer either but I guess it just depends on your location. I was thinking about them as well but had an opportunity to test out a friends device in my home a couple months ago. Brand new Android device connected to h+, ran several speed tests and the best I saw was 1.4 mbps. Also 3 bars outta 4. So tmobile theoretical 42mbps network was not doing that well for me. Another friend with a tbolt from Verizon was over, ran same tests on lte and was getting 4-7mbps down in my house. I would be happy with consistent 2-3 mbps down for that matter.
@Riley another alternative I'm considering is USCC. 1.4mbps sounds great,I'd be happy with that. at least I'd be able to use my phone to its greatest potential without excessive buffering and "can't load this" "can't download this because connection is too slow" "there is a problem with the network" "you might have lost your cellular data connection" error messages.