View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo Connection Speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea tmobile is looking better everyday, can't stand being up in off peak hours just to get the speeds advertised. also in Chicago area been like this since February. but the thing is only my zip code is affected, if I goto another town I get the advertised speeds.
Don't know what else there is to say on the matter. Sprint has lost tons of towers as per Gten comments in the past, network vision is going to take a while to complete, service has been poor for many in multiple locations. So the writing is on the wall as far as I can see, at least for the foreseeable future. If you are with sprint and get good coverage and speeds, it makes sense to stay though.
Frankly I don't think tmobile is the answer either but I guess it just depends on your location. I was thinking about them as well but had an opportunity to test out a friends device in my home a couple months ago. Brand new Android device connected to h+, ran several speed tests and the best I saw was 1.4 mbps. Also 3 bars outta 4. So tmobile theoretical 42mbps network was not doing that well for me. Another friend with a tbolt from Verizon was over, ran same tests on lte and was getting 4-7mbps down in my house. I would be happy with consistent 2-3 mbps down for that matter.