View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 03:53 PM
elesbb
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How good is Android on TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
The battery meter is completely schizo. There's a battery calibration app on the Market that I've been told has helped... and jonpry's SCBS work was amazing, but never was enabled for other devices and wasn't implemented mainline...

As for autokiller, I wouldn't use any of that junk - unless something is preventing the phone from sleeping or has frozen and you didn't get a FC message. I'd use the SuperCharger script and just set the minfree's & OOM settings so Android will just manage your memory more aggressively - then you don't need any apps! No bloat, just adjusting the values that Android uses to manage your applications.
I personally think the battery meter is fine .. It does what my laptop does , calculates battery level based off of what's happening . Like for my laptop , when nothing is running it says there is 10hrs left . But then when I watch movies online it goes to 7 because more resources are being used ...

I've noticed in android , when you wake the device up , it says there is like 90+ battery left . Then you start using it for youtube or data browsing and it drops a lot . Because it seems the OS then displays battery level for the amount of resources being used at that time . It doesn't necessarily show its 50 or 80% of volume left inside the battery.

And arrrghhh can I post .apk's in the forums ?

and for the supercharger script , do you include a complete version of busybox in your builds or must I download it ?