View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 02:51 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How good is Android on TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paran0idAndr0id View Post
The only thing that might deter me right now from using frx071 exclusively is the battery consumption. I'm still tweaking things to try to improve, using AutoKiller Memory Optimizer, Advanced Task Killer, turning off location services, gps, etc.

The battery indicator seems schizophrenic. It's 100% one minute, then 10 minutes later it's 73%, 5 min later it's 78%? lol. 5 min on a charger goes from 74% to 89%, 20 min later, goes from 92% to 100%.
The battery meter is completely schizo. There's a battery calibration app on the Market that I've been told has helped... and jonpry's SCBS work was amazing, but never was enabled for other devices and wasn't implemented mainline...

As for autokiller, I wouldn't use any of that junk - unless something is preventing the phone from sleeping or has frozen and you didn't get a FC message. I'd use the SuperCharger script and just set the minfree's & OOM settings so Android will just manage your memory more aggressively - then you don't need any apps! No bloat, just adjusting the values that Android uses to manage your applications.