View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 AM
GoodThings2Life
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mango Has been released for the Arrive today Official!

Tethering is confirmed to not only require OEM/Carrier support, but also a specific Broadcom Wi-Fi chip, which apparently don't exist in most current phone models. So we're probably hosed on that.

Ringtones ARE there and have been throughout the beta... but as someone linked to a couple posts up, you have to read the directions. Sadly, it's NOT a simple process (which is kind of annoying).

Also, for multitasking here's how it works:

1. The app must support it (most currently don't until they get their official Mango updates).
2. While in the app, use the WINDOWS button to return home so the app knows to "suspend".
3. Tap and Hold the BACK button to view the list of apps running.
4. You can skip the Windows key and go straight to this one if you're in an app and just want to switch.

Finally, one tip that I just discovered has been there a long time and I never realized... you can "swipe" the text/email/wifi/whatever notifications to the right of the screen to dismiss them. Annoying that I had the phone three months before I discovered that tidbit and purely by accident, lol.

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 09-28-2011 at 07:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.