View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 01:34 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saridnour
ok so all of a sudden my tp2 started jumping around screens and menu options like it was posessed! It does it both in WM and in Android. WM I also hear beeps and clicks. I thought it was a stuck key at first but it was not. Its random and seems to get worse as it gets warmer. After a call it wont stop. Its like one was presing the windows, dialer, hangup with both long and short presses. It also will kick into a dialer and random keys are entered. Its really odd. I have hard reset and that did not solve the issue. It seems to happen when warm/hot. Earlier today after a call it would not stop long enough for me to shut it down. I tossed it in the freezer (thinking it was becuase of it being hot) and after being in for about 2 min I pulled it and it seemed to stop. After charging, it started up again. Anyone seen this or have any ideas what is the issue? Wanted to get some info before I begin disecting the thing. This is not my primary phone any longer (and not worth the insurance fee), I use it to test android and as a voip (Free phone) aroud the house with Google voice. Works well that is untill it started to freak out

Thanks,
saridnour
I bet you have a bad or damaged digitizer(touchscreen).
Basically it is behaving like someone is pressing on the screen and obviously no one is. It would also get worse when it heats up because the plastic would be more plyable.
You'll need to replace it. It's best to replace the digitizer and lcd as a unit because they are glued together.
The assemblies are still available. You could probably have an in-store tech replace it.