View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 07:03 PM
testacon
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: official GB when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDriver77 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android Bonsai/SPH-D700_v4.1.3; en-us Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

My wife got the GB update to her Optimus yesterday. I'm glad we didn't see it yet. She has charging issues, horrible battery life, and random reboots.

I'll be keeping my Bonsai until I see a GOOD release!
I'm thinking we all just got a bad radio in this phone and they won't release an update (if they release it at all) until the very end of it's life. This way they can just say, "we don't support it anymore it's EOL".

I visited about 8 Sprint stores in the Philadelphia suburbs area recently over a months time, and on the phones went to:

-Settings
-About Phone
-Status

On this screen I looked at the Signal strength line

I did this on the Epic, Epic II, Photon, Conquer and used ## codes on the HTC phones and you know what I found?

For some reason my Epic and the stores Epic's are somewhere between -7dBm and -10dBm WORSE then every other phone there. The actual numbers on the other phones are about -76dBm and on all the Epics were -83dBm through -86dBm.

The Epic was in the middle of the displays and the phones farthest from the back of the shop, probably where the AIRAVE was still had a much better signal.

I'm curious if all the phones are this bad or just my region, needless to say I think it's a hardware problem at this point and no version of Gingerbread is going to fix our CDMA chipsets, the GSM radios don't seem as screwed up as ours and that's why overseas has had Gingerbread for months now...

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by testacon; 09-22-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: removed duplicate phone name