View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 12:28 AM
aedon
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thinking about moving on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
There is an android phone which has no $10 fee and a keyboard(blackberry style)...its a low end phone but definitely better then an intercept by a HUGE margin.

hmmm...if this is whats important to you..then maybe get an Epic 4g..it has a keyboard, and it has a Wolfson audio DAC...which is like a dedicated sound card for cellphones.

But you will need to load up a custom rom cause:

1) If your a fast typer to prevent the key skipping

2) To take full advantage of the audio DAC

but as you said you like customization so that shouldn't be a problem...And as Darren mentioned its reaching its end of life already..but it should definitely be a huge upgrade over a TP2..and it seems to fit your "usage"..

Thats prob #1 thing that killed winmo..if only they would have had better hardware and proper drivers it would still be alive today.

lol..yes intercept is a moment with a different screen..same for transform...yes its junk..its below low end even...the processor inside is equivalent to a TP2 processor overclocked to 800mhz..and its based on same old ARM11 that the TP2 processor is based on...even the low end 600mhz Cortex A8 phones run circles around that ARM11 800mhz processor.

oh and Intercept got 2.2 update FYI...not that it does you any good because ARM11 processors don't have Hardware Acceleration support...
Ya I know, But my brother has a Virgin mobile so they didnt get the update till a the begining of the summer just a few months ago.
I ended up rooting and flashing a custom rom on his phone and its ALOT better.. but i still think its pretty trashy of a device.

As far as the typing goes, I type WAY to fast for my tp2 to keep up with. I'll be like 10 words ahead of it at any givin time...

And its not just a 10 dollar fee, its 2 10 dollar fees.
Im on SERO 500.
I need to go SERO premium to get any android device.
And then SERO premium plus data for any win 7 or 4g phone

Each of wich is an added 10 bucks hence the 20 dollar raise.

Now with the epic 4g, is that a newer device?
I mean comparitivly to whats around now, Im sure its newer then what im lugging around at the moment

Last edited by aedon; 09-21-2011 at 01:25 AM.