Lurker
Threadstarter

campos is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW LG Fathom Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
i am typingt his from my phone using opera 10. double tapping on the screen makes it zoom, and then the phone compensates for a 'finger mash' on the screen as a click.
i use WMWiFirouter witht he 3g to wifi mode. works well.
if you want a free teather app, you can update to the v7 rom, loose a bit of stability, but get a verizon teather app.
going to windows phone 7 will lock you out of teather completely until verizon certifies the latest update.
the reason there's no roms (yet) is becaise the phone came out only a few months before wp7 and people just didn't try to hack it.
i know the pain about the tp2. my mom broke hers last year, and ended up getting our verizon rep to call 72 different verizon stores in the midwest before we found one with a tp2 left. might be one of the last.
i'll be glad to help you with the software help. i've got some apps that i could send you if you can't seem to find the devs to buy them anymore.
plus, i would really suggest removing the arcsoft crap. there's a thread on here by me on how to do it. (arcsoft be gone)
thank you,

i'm going to look for your write up.. i've been a member here since 2007 and never posted, i was a lurker and used the site to setup up my i760... i love this place...

thank you for the software help... i'm going to keep this phone and customize it as much as i can.

what programs are you using/have installed on your fathom?

i may have a .cab of wvga swype.. would you be interested in that.. i donated to the then developer and he gave me a pre-registered .cab, swyped worked will on my i760(qvga), if i have the wvga, i'll give it a go...

if i don't, can you mod the qvga version over to wvga?

i'm going to use opera 10 more and see if i can modify my finger strokes to work with it.

thank you guys and thank you pizzaboy, i really want this phone to work for me....