View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sim unlock your TP2 for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccengineer View Post
I think that the problem of locking out the US GSM radios on the Sprint TP2 is in the NV ram. What I found so far is that one of the frequencies of the US GSM is not assigned an antenna for broadcasting or receiving radio frequencies. I think that the reason it starts working after flashing a US Radio, when it is Security unlocked, is that the flashing of the radio by itself forces the firmware to update the NV ram and assign the spectrum TX/RX correctly thus making it work. So in addition to having an option of unlocking security and flashing a US radio, we might be able to just activate the spectrum TX/RX for US frequencies. I could be wrong but currently I think that that's what is happening.
You mentioned a US Radio... perhaps a WU... obviously Olipro & cmonex have made changes to the radio code itself...