View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter
Got a NIB replacement TP2 from Sprint for the infamous rainbow smudge. The previous one was manufactured in Feb 2010, and lasted only 3 months before the smudge showing up (never in any wet environment, never dropped). So I asked for a replacement manufactured as recently as possible, rep said cannot grantee. But I checked the EPST, it was manufactured on July 19, 2011. Hardware version 0004, PRI 2.20_003.

I recalled that on 07/10/11, people in the forum started to notice that TP2 was off Sprint's shelf. Did I get one from last batch?

What's your manufactured date and PRI etc? Dial ##778# to check.

Was trying to figure out if newer manufacture date solve the smudge defects.
The "rainbow smudge" is caused by putting too much pressure on the digitizer and/or heat. I'm guessing you are damaging it by putting too much pressure on the screen either in your pocket or some other way.