View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 04:44 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I just tried out 7.1. The way I installed it was to make a copy of my androidboot directory called androidboot.bak. I then copied all the data from the 7.1 full install zip file over the top of my existing androidboot directory.

After this I couldn't get the phone to work. I could place and answer calls, but there was no sound or voice at all. Its like the mic and the speaker just didn't work.

I removed the androidboot directory and moved my .bak one back and it all works fine.

Did I do the install wrong? Should I just create a new androidboot directory instead of installing over the to of a previous one? I didn't see anything in the notes on how to re-install a full install. I already had the new kernel, rootfs running, so I suspect it may be the new RIL that gave issues? Just a guess.

thanks,
dave
Hrm, that should have worked based on your description. But let's try this.

Backup everything on the card. Do a full format using the HP Tool. Now, I only want you to restore a few things - ts-calibration, startup.txt and data.img. Put that in your androidboot folder. Then extract everything from the FRX07.1 zip - make sure it all goes in the androidboot folder.

Then give it another shot. Still fails, try a new data.img. If it's still failing... I really don't know. Does regular sound work? As in, non-in-call sounds... Ringtones, etc.