Thread: HP Touchpad
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 05:43 AM
MrHawaii
No Mo' WinMo :(
Threadstarter

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HP Touchpad

I was so lucky to get one. Being in Hawaii it was a lot harder to get, less brick & mortar outlets. Anyways I called a few stores asking about inventory the night before, some didnt know about the price reduction and most said they have a lot in stock. I go to each and everyone and all say they have none to sell or they going to send them back to HP. A couple I went and waited outside before store opened (OfficeMax and Radioshack), only to be told they have none to sell. I called bs and bet employees bought them. I filed complaints online just to express my concern. A few days later I get a surprise call from the OfficeMax manager saying that he found a way to make it right. He brouhht some 32 GB models in from Hopaco (I didn't know they were affiliated) and would sell me one for $99. Of course I accepted.

I have always been a fan of webOS since the original Pre days on Sprint. I kept the Pre even a few months after I started working for a competing cell carrier. Been fiddling in the Android pool and been bored with the iPhone, great to be back on webOS. 2nd day Developer Mode unlocked, Preware installed, and zipping overclocking style smoothly at 1.8 GHz. So easy!