View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 07:24 PM
rpierce99
PPCGeeks Regular

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This app is incompatible with your Mid-Tex Cellular Phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnham View Post
I've tried this several times with ES File Explorer, but my file system appears to be corrupt after every attempt to edit build.prop. The result is an endless cycle at the "bots drawing XDAndroid" screen after reboot.

Since I'm not sure what the problem is, I've tried different strings for the model & manufacturer in build.prop, I've tried rebooting after enabling root access in ES File Explorer (before editing build.prop), but I always get the same result. I formatted the SD card & refreshed the files after each failed attempt.

I've also successfully mounted the data.img and rootfs.img file structures using EXT2IFS and FileDisk to try editing the build.prop in Windows, but I can't find it in either structure.

Can anyone offer any further direction on how to safely edit the /system/build.prop file? Perhaps a better file explorer & text editor program? Has anyone even been successful changing the model & manufacturer in build.prop of XDAndroid?
copy build.prop out to your sd card and then use the "mount" command with the "--bind" parameter to "mount bind" the sdcard version of the file over the top of the other.